Sunday 30 March 2014

The Little Gentleman

That day fortunately  I had a holly day , so I decided to roam around the city with my friends. We were having two bikes with us. But finally when we had to begin with our hangout journey plan we became seven members. After scratching our brains hard we determined to travel by city bus. I was the only person in our group who was basically from Pune. My remaining six companions were new to the city and all of them were from six different states. I had spent my most of the student life in Bangalore and just few months back was relocated to Pune. So I too wasn’t much aware about the place to place city bus stops. 


We went to the nearest bus stop and caught a bus for one of the place but wasn’t much sure where to get down. I knew the local language so I requested bus conductor to inform us when the destination bus stop would appear. He shook his head in approvement and again started his routine work. We would have been traveled for around one and half hour. Then between our chit chat I suddenly realized that the destination place doesn’t take much time to reach so I just inquired with one of the passenger, when I heard his answer I was really startled.  We were about to re-reach to our oriented place from where we had begun the journey. While coming back to the same place bus followed the different internal rout so none of us realized the fact. Indeed it was our mistake we believed the bus conductor that he would inform us when bus would reach to the destination bus stop. But instead of destination point we were back to our starting point. Finally we got down at the same place with worried faces.


Then we decided to visit nearest temple which was around seven kilometers of distance from our place. On the Bus stop there was a huge crowd. We asked about the bus number for that route to one of the old lady. It was around 2.30pm in the afternoon. Finally we caught a bus to destination place. When we entered in to the bus it wasn’t much crowded. That time instead of asking to the bus conductor we wondered about asking to some old passenger. At the middle of our conversation one young guy interrupted and said “Don’t worry sister. I will let you know about the destination bus stop.”


I started looking at him astonishingly. My companions were not able understand a single word when I started conversation with him, so they continued with their chit chat. He was a S.S.C. student. His exam was going on so daily he was traveling by city to his exam center. Between our conversation whenever bus was passing the forthcoming new bus stops without forgetting he informed me the names of each bus stop as well as about the famous places around it. He was really a polite guy and was talking in fluent Marathi. When we were about to reach to the destination bus stop he informed me to tell my friends that they should get ready to get down. I did the same as he said. He too moved toward the front door of the bus I thought might be he had to get down at the same place. Till the time all of us got down from the bus he was standing at the front door. I got down and turned back to look at him. Then he told that on the next bus stop he has to get down. I looked at him surprisingly as he was the first person I met on that day who really helped us out from the dilemma. I wished him best luck for his exams and waved bye. He too waved bye to us and bus left the place. I was looking at the bus till it got disappeared from my vision.   

That small guy was proved himself one of the gentlemen. I was really proud of him and was on cloud nine because I studied the fact that my six companions were also wearing the same expressions as I was.  Although they were unacquainted with our language still they understood the entire scenario and were proud of that little hero. He was really a polite, humble and helpful little gentleman of our city. 

Hats off to you bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment